The City of Dyer Mayor is the chief administrator of the City and is Elected by the citizens. Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities.
- Overseeing the performance of all City departments
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by City Council
- Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the City operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the City
- Responding to citizen concerns
The Mayor also works to develop the City's annual budget, works with other administrators in the region, and performs other duties assigned to the manager per the request from City Council.